Option For Essay #2
I mentioned this in a previous post but thought I'd highlight it again:
Below is a link to a page of political ads created by filmmaker Errol Morris for MoveOn.org. Morris posted all of these on his website last year with a plea for someone to put up the money to get them on the air. Appearantly, MoveOn.org didn't have the money or will to use them as much as Morris had hoped. As a result, although these ads were intended for television, most of them appeared only on Morris's website.
I bring these ads to your attention because I think they are unique and might present a good subject for this assignment. Because they are brief, you might select 4-6 spots that you believe best represent Morris's project. This would also help you think about these ads as an argument being put for by Morris, rather than a series of brief arguments by random people.
So, if you were considering choosing an ad from the Living Room Candidate Website for this assignment (see
previous post), think instead about checking out these independent ads by Morris.
Errol Morris: Election '04