Brian Condrey's Fall 2005 RHE 306 Course (MW * PAR 1)
Wednesday, December 07, 2005
  Somewhere in Austin, A Yankee is Wearing a Tank Top and Laughing Hysterically
Class cancelled due to the possibility of freezing rain and other nasty whether. I assume you all got the email. I didn't find out until I was about a mile away from campus on I-35 with a trunk full of cookies and hot cocoa. The University has given instructors the option of making up the class on Monday, but since we don't really have any more class business, I'm not going to do it.
This means we won't be holding the end-of-semester celebration I had planned, so I'd like to invite you all to the cookies and cocoa affair I'm throwing for my TTh class. The fun begins at 3:30pm in BEN 1.104. Assuming that my kids don't eat all the Santa cookies and snort up the instant cocoa mix, I should have enough food and drink for 40+ people. I'd really encourage you to come. My other students would be happy to have you, and it would be nice to say so long or see you later to all of you in person. And Dustin, I need to give you back that bullshit book.

Now, if you were expecting a re-graded paper today, you can pick up it tomorrow during my office hours (12-2pm). If you can't make it, I'll leave them outside my door...which brings me to directions for submitting your final essay. I'm going to put a box outside my office door (PAR 406) on Friday. There actually might be a bunch of boxes, put out by different instructors, but you'll need to find the one labeled specifically for our class. As previously mentioned, you need to turn it in by Dec. 15th. I will be holding extra office hours on Friday from 10-noon but don't expect to be holding regular hours next week. That said, if you would like to speak to me about your essay, or your grade for the course, I'd be happy to meet you on campus at a time convenient for both of us. No problem with that at all.
Again, I hope some or all of you can drop by tomorrow. I expect we'll keep it going until at least 4:15, so show up late if you have to. For those who I won't see, best of luck with your finals and all future endeavors. If you see my around campus, dont' hesitate to say hi.

Best,
Brian
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / November 2009 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]